Planning & Zoning Commission
The mission of the Planning and Zoning Commission (P&Z) is to identify community needs and to advise the City Council of short-term and long-term implications for the orderly development of the city. P&Z shall recommend plans, programs and policies that will aid the entire community in achieving its defined goals.
View P&Z Commission agenda and minutes here.
Membership & OrganizationThere are seven members serving on the P&Z Commission. These members are appointed by City Council. Regular meetings are held on the second and fourth Mondays of each month at 7 p.m. at City Hall located at 201 E. Main Street in Crowley.
Duties & PowersP&Z Commission shall review and make recommendations concerning:
- The inspection of property and the orderly growth and development of Crowley and its environs
- A zoning plan, with approval or disapproval of plats, plans or replats, etc.
- The general design and location of public buildings, street fixtures, etc.
- Right-of-ways, parks, annexation, zoning boundaries, etc.
- The location and operation of public utilities
Visit the Development Review page for additional information, including filing schedules.
Members & Terms
- Johnny Shotwell, Council Liaison
- Cheryl McClain, Staff Liaison/Secretary
- Jimmy McDonald, Place 1, Term ending June 30, 2019
- Richard Adams (Chairman), Place 2, Term ending June 30, 2018
- Joan Cunningham, Place 3, Term ending June 30, 2019
- Carl T. Weber III, Place 4, Unexpired term of Jesse Johnson, June 30, 2018
- David Duman, Place 5, Term ending June 30, 2019
- Jeff Burns, Place 6, Term ending June 30, 2018
- Lane Beene, Place 7, Term ending June 30, 2019